Sunday, May 17, 2009

thought of the day 2009 05 16 - graduation

So I attended this graduation ceremony today for advanced degrees (masters, phd, jd, md, post-bach teaching certificates, etc. Here's the thing, I want to say something witty about PhD degrees and since they're Philosophical, are they real? Or are they just bullshit little imaginary tokens philosophised about by PhD cantidates,

Or perhaps something snarky alluding to the fact that really PhD really just means you sat around that thought about shit a lot. But I'm too fucking tired. A lunch thing, a 2 1/2 hr. ceremony and a three hour dinner that I am just now getting back from. And here's the kicker, not only was this an entirely wasted fucking day. I mean I could have been doing laundry, I could have taken a fucking nap, hell I could have shot myself in the throat and it would have been, for any objective sense of the term, a more productive day. Not only was this thing a giant fucking waste of time..what's worse, I dished out cash for this thing. Now I'm actually paying to be driven near the point of insanity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home