Monday, May 11, 2009

thought of the day 2009 05 14 - savants

So I'm reading this book Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell and he talks for part of the book about savants (think Rain Man). But he also notes that pretty much anyone can become an expert at anything by spending 10,000 hrs. on that activity.

In some sense I have to agree but I also have to disagree. See, here's the thing. I would say that over the course of my lifetime, I've probably spent more than 10,000 spanking it, and I do have to say, I'm pretty fucking awesome at getting myself off. I would, in fact, go so far as to say that I'm an expert on it.

But I would also have to disagree because I'm pretty sure I was an expert at it long before I hit the 10,000 hr. mark. In fact in just a couple of practice sessions I'd say I had pretty much mastered masturbation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home