Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Every four years

So I guess it's just me. I mean everyone seemed pretty hyped about this election. Barack Obama, yay, whatever. First black President, groundbreaking, blah, blah, woof, woof. I mean I guess from my point of view it's kind of like the Olympics, except the important people aren't in shape.

Every four years we all get excited to see what's going because these are the best people in the world and whatever the fuck. But really, nobody watches, nobody really gives a shit and after it's over everyone goes home and nothing changes.

I suppose the only realy difference is that there are some pretty good looking Olympians. I mean the beach volleyball. nice. On the other hand...Cindy McCain. nice. So maybe it's a toss up.

I just don't get impressed that easily I suppose. I mean look, McCain had about as much chance of winning the election as the Zimbabwe team did of winning gymnastics and just about as many people cared to watch the gymnastics in the US as voted so I look at both the olympics and the election as pretty much the same. I don't much care and in the end the guy I was rooting for didn't win anyway. And just because I wrote in Bill Clinton doesn't mean I wasted my vote. I just think that the same way Olympians sometimes come out of retirement, we should do that with the elections too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home