Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Environmentaly Friendly

So I'm pulling out my pocket knife to open a roll of paper towels when I notice the marketing on the outside of the package, which boasts that the towels are made from recycled materials. The obvious implication is that they're environmentally friendly because they're recycled.

...Yeah, except that they wrap the fucking thing in enough plastic that I need to use a goddamn knife to open it.

It's not that I mind the marketing bullshit. I expect that, what I mind is the half-assedness of using plastic to wrap recycled trees. It's like eating a bacon cheeseburger and then trying to convince yourself you're being healthy by not putting salt on the fries. Like that kind of duplicity and lack of commitment should be goddamn tolerable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home