Friday, May 27, 2011

glee

I've spent the last couple of weeks watching a few episodes of season one of Glee each night. Partially just to see what the fuss was all about and partially because I've heard they do some good cover songs.

Surprisingly I do actually kind of like it. The writing is decent, some of the songs are good. I know some of my friends are really into it and I can kind of understand that now.

I really only have one issue. And it's nothing ridiculous like the fact that I'm subjected to show tunes, on a TV program that basically amounts to an after-school special written for prime time, set to a Barbara Streisand soundtrack. I can tolerate that because most of the characters are well written and well developed.

No, what gets me is that now I have Journey and Air Supply running through my head; offset only by those few minutes each day where goddamn Rick Springfield pops into my brain. If I have to listen to Jesse's Girl again, I may go insane. More insane I mean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home