Friday, December 09, 2005

Bastardization of Coffee

I love coffee. I mean it. I really love coffee. I love coffee so much it impedes my spelling sometimes (that's what MS invented spell check for). But it's gotten so bastardized it's crazy. Starbucks has made millions selling coffee flavored cream and sugar and whipped shit and overpriced pie. I can understand putting creamer into McDonald's coffee, the stuff tastes like ass. But we've twisted what was essentially a staple of the diner's dollar menu and turned into into a $5 concoction that's more addictive than methamphetamines. Shit, even Coca-Cola is making a coffee infused cola now (Coke Blak (sic) ). I normally drink black 100% pure Kona coffee at home. I'm lucky enough to have a good supplier (thanks dad) but I feel almost like I'm trading in black market goods. I say I drink black coffee and I get odd looks like I'm a midget gimp with a predilection for rubber chickens or sheep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home