Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Science Fiction Doesn't Believe in Dentists

Of all the amazing stuff you saw on Star Trek, you never saw dentists. Sure they had doctors that cold resolve a myocardial infarction by waving a little wand with a blinking light, but you never saw Bones or Dr. Crusher performing a root canal, which is kind of bullshit because there's no way you can tell me that Scotty was an avid flosser.

I'm just kind of surprised. I know it's science fiction, but Kirk's Enterprise still had a telephone operator. And with all the Klingon fist fights you know Kirk would have needed some dental work. Plus, Borg or not, there's no way you can tell me Jeri Ryan go that smile without an orthodontist. It just kind of feels like Gene Roddenberry lied to me.

Or maybe the Percocet is just kicking in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home