Sunday, June 03, 2012

Advice to My Younger Self

I was recently asked what advice I would give to my younger self. After a bit of thinking I’ve come up with the following. Feel free to add your own

1. All that stuff you care about today? Yeah, none of it matters

2. Learn to be more sociable. You’ll get laid more often.

3. Invest in Google and Apple. Yeah, Apple.

4. You’re not indestructible.

5. You’re not as smart as you think you were.

6. Talk less, write more. You lie too much when you talk

7. On the flip side, honesty is not always the best policy

8. To five year old me: you might not think it, but coffee is really good.
To ten year old me: you might not think it, but beer is really good.
To fifteen year old me: you might not think it, but scotch is really good.
To twenty year old me: you should probably be drinking more water.

9. Don’t put off the medical issues. Get them checked when you first notice them. Again I remind you, you’re not indestructible.

10. You will face rejection, just as much, if not more than, acceptance. Get used to it.

11. It’s okay to jump in the deep end of the pool. Take a few more risks I’ll appreciate it.

12. Prepare for the zombie apocalypse. None of that is wasted effort.

13. “B & E” is not a skill you put on your resume. Even if it is useful

14. Don’t be too proud for anything

15. Michael Keaton is still the best Batman. In retrospect you were just interested in Alicia Silverstone wearing something skin-tight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home