Wednesday, December 30, 2009

thought of the day 2009 12 31 - as we start the new year, I have a proposal

It's a New Year (well, it is tomorrow at least) and as such I'd like to propse that we make this the year that we let the gays get married. All the right wing bullshit about gay marriage is just stupid. And look, I'm opposed to marriage in general. In a normal year, I'd just say something about the fact that I want the gays to be just as miserable as every other married couple I know (except Dara and Ryan who keep fucking the healthy relationship curve for the rest of us), but given the state of the economy and the fact that gays tend to have very good taste and the appearance of disposable income, I think that Obama should just make this part of the overall economic recovery strategy. It doesn't cost the government anything in tax revenue and can you imagine how much money gay people would spend this first year on wedding ceremonies??? Fucking depression over. And then, added bonus a couple years later, they get divorced. This has two benefits. One, more people employed in law offices to process all that paperwork. And two, all the lawyers will be so busy, they won't be fucking bothering me anymore. This is the kind of new years change that will last for years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home