Monday, December 21, 2009

thought of the day 2009 12 26 - Christmas movies

As Christmastime comes closer and I worry about what to do while I sit idly in the airport for hours and hours and hours, I've decided to come up with a list of the top Christmas movies ever....that I can think of off the top of my head right now.

1.It's a Wonderful Life. It's a classic. You've gotta appreciate the classics. Plus it gave us the phrase ”when a blah blah blah, an angel gets his wings.” Which then leads to all sorts of offshoots like “Every time you vote for Bush, a puppy dies.” Jimmy Stewart. You can't go wrong.

2.The Ref. The guy from Rescue Me in a semi-cheesy comedy with Kevin Spacey and a kid that looks
kinda like Luke Skywalker. It's a good movie. Blow me.

3.Miracle on 34'th St. Again a classic. Plus it was one of those movies when I was a kid that made me believe that being a lawyer wouldn't suck.

4.Love Actually. Not a classic but also not a bad film, something I could tolerate. Of the romantic comedies, it's actually decent and the plot lines make you pay attention.

5.Scrooged. Okay, this one is a classic. Bill Murray is awesome. And as far as retellings of A Christmas Carol go, this is by far the best ever put on film.

6.Christmas Vacation. So maybe I have a think for old school SNL people, but how can you not like Chevy Chase. I mean they named part of Maryland after him, so he's got to be awesome.

7.Home Alone. What the hell every happened to that kid?

8.Die Hard. BEST. CHRISTMAS. MOVIE. EVER. Oh, and as a bonus, imagine the sound effects going right as the plane is taking off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home