Sunday, August 16, 2009

thought of the day 2009 08 28 - Costco

I like Costco but there are certain things I wouldn't buy there. Like pancake mix for example. I enjoy a good pancake as much as the next guy but I don't need to be feeding the Russian Army with buttermilk for the next three weeks so I prefer to buy pancake mix at a supermarket in a size smaller than 'grain silo'. But there are certain things that I love to buy from Costco. Deodorant for example. Never goes bad so it doesn't matter when you use it. I don't think I can eat a five gallon bucket of pickles but I think I can make use of deodorant before it spoils. As long as you're not in your 80's, stage four cancer or going to get smacked by a bus tomorrow, you're going to make use of it.

And then if you go to Costco the chances of you getting to that little nub of deodorant one morning are pretty much nil. That final stage of life for deodorant where the thing falls apart and you're left basically scratching yourself with a piece of plastic. Then you have to sort of play the same game you do with soap when the soap is almost gone, do you pick up the little pieces and try to use that so you don't smell all day, do you grab a new one, or do you just decide to be French for a day until you can get to a drug store. Never a worry with Costco because you will ALWAYS, for the rest of your life, have deodorant.

Just to be clear, when the zombies come, my first stop will be Costco. Then Tahiti, because zombies don't swim well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home