Thursday, July 28, 2016

Memories two decades old

I like to think my political views are centrist, or maybe even mildly Libertarian. For example, I’m not pro-marriage. I’m not against same-sex marriage. I simply think the government shouldn’t be involved at all and what’s more, giving tax breaks for it, encourages stupid people to get married, reproduce and then keep the divorce lawyers in business. I think abortion are a personal health matter and should be allowed, but should be done in churches so that if some religious fanatic is going to blow something up, he’ll have to REALLY want it.
So when I say that I’m in voting for Hillary Clinton and I sincerely hope that she wins, know that this isn’t the same level of personal approval and admiration that I had for her husband Bill, probably the greatest Republican President since Lincoln. This is a pragmatic opinion wherein I want my Executive leadership to be, you know, competent.

But it’s a view based on the comedy of the situation, because think about this: when Hillary wins, she’ll be going to go to work every morning, for at least four years, in the very same office where her husband got a blowjob from someone else in. I know the White House has a decent budget for decorating so I’m sure it’s not like, the same couch or anything, but you can’t just replace the Resolute desk. And even if you can steam clean a carpet more effectively than you can dry clean a blue dress, that doesn’t take away the memory of it.  I had a girlfriend a while back who left some stuff at my place when she moved. A subsequent girlfriend found one or her shirts or something and pretty nearly set it on fire. And they hadn't even met. Imagine being the leader of the free world knowing somewhere in your office, the place where you could commute a death-row sentence or start a nuclear war, some fucking intern was blowing your husband. I’m not big into psychological torture, but if I had to work every day in the same space where my spouse cheated, I’d go a little nutty. And Hillary isn’t stupid, I’m sure she’s considered this, so if she’s still willing to do the job, I’m with her. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home