Wednesday, February 18, 2015

karma

Not to be insensitive here, even though I know I probably am, but you have to do better than shuffling towards me from 6 ft. away mumbling “I’m hungry” semi-coherently while I’m writing notes to myself so I don’t forget to do things. This is not a way to get anything from me, let alone money. You want something, ask. Making a statement is useless. I’m hungry too. Haven’t eaten anything since last night and I’ve been going between conference calls, impromptu meetings and trying to get 15 things done at the same time. I’ve been basically non-stop from 8:15 AM to 6 PM with my longest break being elevator rides between floors. Admittedly, I got a cup of coffee, but guess what? I’m hungry too. See how statements don’t help either of us? I’m not expecting “will work for food” but you can do better than a mumbled “I’m hungry” if you’re going to interrupt me literally and figuratively with your hand out, like I’m supposed to plop a cookie there on demand or something. And now that I write this, I fully expect karma is going to come back and bite me in the ass, so have at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home