Thursday, October 28, 2010

ADA and Currency

Don’t get me wrong, I like it here in the US, but we’re inconsistent. We created, the ADA, the American’s with Disabilities Act, side note, why not AWDA? Are we so grammatically forfeit, that we just leave words out of acronyms? So we have this law that’s supposed to help people and spend millions of dollars on renovating buildings and building handicapped parking stalls, and then make it impossible for the blind to tell different denominations of money. At least with Euros, the different amounts are different sizes.

I have no idea if I’m getting correct change for lunch. I can assume that I am, but then, I’m not exactly sure how much I paid the guy in the first place. I suppose I could ask for it in all ones so that I can keep track, but then I’m basically treating everyone like a stripper. And I suppose I can ask for it in all fives but then I can’t buy a soda. I guess my best course of action would to be to get it all in quarters so that if someone tried to rob me, they’d jingle so I’d know about where to whack them with a stick.

In the mean time I’m resigned to folding different denominations of currency in different ways. $20’s in half horizontally, $10’s in half vertically, $5’s diagonal and ones flat. What about the $50’s and $100’s you ask? Doesn’t matter, I can neither count that high nor afford to keep either of those bills in my wallet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home