Tuesday, July 07, 2009

thought of the day 2009 07 11 - things not to ask at a wedding

Got a wedding invite recently and I'm kind of interested to know the story behind how they met. It's one of the things I don't know, or at least can't recall. But I feel kind of embarrassed going to the wedding of a good friend and not knowing how he met the bride to be. Almost too embarrassed to ask. But then I figure there's a lot of questions you really shouldn't ask at a wedding?

1. So I have four months in the pool, what spot did you get?
2. white? Is white really the most appropriate color for this chick?
3. Are those the parents or the grandparents?
4. How much did you spend on the wedding present? I made mine. I mean really, what newlywed couple doesn't appreciate a pair of handmade, his/her's ashtrays? They smoke right?
5. Couldn't they just be a normal couple and just elope in Vegas so I didn't have to get dressed up?
6. Considering that these two aren't even going to leave the room, why bother spending the money for a honeymoon on Maui?
7. I know Mark doesn't know how to tie a tie. You think that's a clip-on?
8. Alright, alright, I have to come, I'll come. It's open bar right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home