Friday, September 07, 2007

TSA Prohibitied Items List

So I have to fly to Maui tomorrow for work and I'm trying to avoid having to check in one fucking screwdriver that I need to install an accessory. The TSA has this whole list of permitted and prohibited items and accroding to the list, well, let's just say that size matters. Seven inches is the limit. See, just like real life, bigger is not always better.

I should be able to get away with what I need, but consider that the list of prohibited items includes things like blasting caps, cordless power saws and meat cleavers. Now if you think about this for a second, it probably means that at some point in time, there was a person who double-checked their backpack for a stay pair of nail clippers that might get confiscated but brought along a fucking meat cleaver and gave the security people the whole "but it's not on the list" speech and so it got added on.

Think about that for a second, things like blasting caps. I mean really, I can bring four books of matches in my bag, so if you think I'm dumb enough to bring along dynamite too, just under the random case that I might have to assist in an improptu building demolition or blast an emergency entrance to a mine or something, you're goddamn crazy.

Whipped fucking cream is on the list but it has to be less than 3 ounces. I can bring Jello, but they have to ispect breast milk. I should totally get a job with TSA, I'd inspect the source. It's best to make sure things aren't being contaminated at the source.

Sadly, I don't see thermonuclear warheads on the list. And I suppose going by their guidelines, as long as the gel I have contains less than three ounces of Ebola, I'm probably okay to toss it in teh briefcase.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home