Sunday, December 18, 2011

Trickery

My son just tried to run a game on me, telling me he already opened the Christmas present I gave him so that I would tell him what's in it. Seriously? He expected that to work? Come on, I've got the experience advantage in this area, I lie to my customers on a daily basis. You can't possibly think that would work? What am I, a fucking Bond villian?

Part of me is happy, like I thwarted some great attempt to get one over on me, proving that I will remain superior to the younger generation forever. And then part of me dreads the fact that my son's generation will one day rule the planet and he can't even outsmart me, which is highly disturbing.

I mean honestly, I like knowing that you can't pull one over on me, but I dislike the fact that my well being in my waning years will be determined by someone who can quote Bruno Mars lyrics...and I don't even know who the hell Bruno Mars is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home