Friday, March 11, 2011

Praise Science

I'm going to steal someone else's thought here for a bit....

I am currently sitting in my bedroom listening to Teena Marie on the radio awaiting news updates on the tsunami watch and ensuing evacuation.

My AT&T iPhone works better as a theft deterrent than as a fucking phone right ow.

Look, I know things are going to be fine. I'm not actually in the tsunami evacuation zone; but at the end of all this, I'm just letting you know, that if I hear you say "praise God" when this is all over, I will strangle you.

I have a friend in Honshu, don't know if she's okay. That was God. Science, on the other hand, gave us a tsunami warning system and Civil Defense. Science predicted wave heights and tsunami danger zones and let us print them nicely in phone books that everyone has, even if they usually only use them to smash roaches or as doorstops. God sat this one out. So at the end of all this, thank Science we all came out okay.

now go hug a nerd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home