Saturday, November 14, 2009

thought of the day 2009 11 21 - 80's music

I've been listening to 80's music all day and I've to the following three conclusions

1. I miss the synthesizer. I mean damn but Starship could rock the synth. I'm just saying.

2. David Paich (from Toto? Seriously, I'm not that old) just have been tripping acid the entire two decades from the 70's through the 80's. I mean shit, have you listened to the lyrics for Africa?

"I hear the drums echoing tonight
But she hears only whispers of some quiet conversation
She's coming in 12:30 flight
The moonlit wings reflect the stars that guide me towards salvation
I stopped an old man along the way,
Hoping to find some old forgotten words or ancient melodies
He turned to me as if to say, Hurry boy, It's waiting there for you"

what the hell is that supposed to mean? It's like he took random phrases right out of his ass and just strung them together to a melody.

3. We need MORE COWBELL!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home