Wednesday, July 22, 2009

thought of the day 2009 08 04 - Chicago newspapers

The day I got in to Chicago, I bought a paper, just so I had something to read during downtime. But it was depressing. The front page was about somebody admitting to a shooting. The second page had people getting killed. The third page had two stories, one about a lady admitting she shot four people and another about a man getting convicted for murder. After that was Afghanistan and people dying in IED explosions. The killing of a captured soldier from Idaho. The whole fucking thing was just depressing. I was almost afraid to look at the weather page and find out that some cloud went all fucking postal and started shooting the fucking moon or something, or that the humidity went berserk and started drowning all it's kids in a fit of postpartum depression. I wouldn't be surprised if one day even the weather page starts getting violent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home