Wednesday, July 22, 2009

thought of the day 2009 08 03 - aloha shirts

I went walking this morning around Milton Lee Olive Park (next to the Navy Pier) in Chicago, but I was walking around in what is quite possibly the loudest Aloha shirt I own. It's a mix of bright blue and pink, yellow and white flowers. It's quite possible that it could be used as an emergency signal if the aircraft I'm flying in were to crash. Regardless, it also made this cute blond jogger talk to me, so, you know, yay.

I had to explain though that in nature, bugs are usually bright colored for one of two reasons, The first would be to ward of predators. It's a natural evolutionary response to the threat of being eaten by some bird. Second is to attract potential mates, something that's known as "peacocking." Since I don't work for NBC, Usually I war this for the former reason rather than the latter but I'm quite happy that it managed to attract a blond. Sort of like moths to light bulbs.

ooh. Shiny object. It's a nature thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home