Sunday, June 07, 2009

thought of the day 2009 06 11 - Superman

As I go through some old files trying to clean out stuff, I came across a Superman DVD and decided to watch it. I was into comic books as a kid. Not necessarily a big fan of Superman, I was more into Marvel comics with Spiderman and X-Men, but even those, you look at how much destruction happens to the city each month and you just have to wonder how and why they can afford to keep rebuilding like that. I mean if there's a good chance that on a monthly basis an office building, or a warehouse district or a mall is going to get destroyed, you'd better believe the fucking insurance and property taxes are outrageous. Even for a place like Metropolis or Gotham City, you go tear assing around those streets every couple of weeks and you've basically got to devote a whole work crew full time just to fixing up the street damage, not to mention 24x7 standby for public utilities. That just doesn't seem practicable.

And why in the hell would people stay in the city? I mean, if I knew there was a crazy guy with super stregth and an army of deadly robots who could come strolling through my neighborhood on a monthly basis, I'm not sticking around. The first time some 50-ft. tall killer insects come by and eat my neighbors dog, I'd be like, "fuck this. I'm getting out of here. Heading someplace out in the middle of nowhere. I'm going to Utah". Well okay, not Utah, I mean, army of firebreathing hellhounds vs. Utah, I'll stick it out in the city, but you get the idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home