Thursday, October 04, 2007

Insurance

Is it just me or does having Dennis Haysbert (the guy who played David Palmer on 24, and yes, I had to Google it) seem like an odd choice as the face for All State Insurance? I mean don't get me wrong, you recognize him when you see him on TV or hear his voice and all that, but the last two big shows the guy has been in are 24 and The Unit. In the latter he's blowing shit up and shooting people and in the former there were people trying to kill him and nuke the fucking country while he was President. This does not sit well with me when purchasing insurance on my car. If I sign up for coverage and go to shake this guy's hand, I'm liable to have someone shoot at him, miss and hit me, or worse yet, hit my car and that deductible is fucking huge. I mean I'd trust him to take out an Iranian heavy water reactor but after seeing how close the world has come to ending when he's on screen, I'd have second thoughts. 'Cause quite frankly, I'm not Jack Bauer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home