Monday, September 10, 2007

Stem Cell Research - repost

I'm obviously not a particularly religious person so as I watch the debate on stem cell research going on, I don't really buy the whole 'ending a life' argument posed by Christian conservatives about the use of embryonic stem cells. Oddly the primary argument is that the embryo which wouldn't develop into a fetus if it was implanted anyway (at least not without further intervention) constitutes a life, especially since we all were, at one time, embryos. That concept is even more ridiculous to me. If we have to consider using an embryo for stem cells as ending a life because we were all embryos, then really, since we were all at one point sperm, masturbation is like genocide. Hell, I probably kill 50 billion people each day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home