Sunday, November 29, 2015

Weighing the Pros and Cons

On my way home last night there was a guy, maybe 17 or 18 having a conversation near me, or near enough to be heard, which may have been more about his volume than proximity, and what’s going on there? I mean it’s like your incapable of speaking at a reasonable level, I have headphones on and I can still hear you over what I’m listening to. Or maybe your friend is partially deaf from listening to you so you have to speak like a Wookie going into battle, but I digress. So I hear him give the cliché “I wouldn’t suck a dick for a million dollars.” And okay, I get it, but a million dollars? Are you saying you wouldn’t even consider it? You’re riding a public bus and don’t appear to have any major physical disabilities, possibly some mental ones but that doesn’t stop a good portion of the driving public. Are you really in a position to turn down a million dollars? What if I would at least consider it? Does that make me gay or just greedy, and which would be worse under your value system? Or are you saying that you’ve already considered it? Put some time into weighing the pros and cons? Which begs the question, how much time have you put into thinking about this? I’ve spent maybe a minute or two on this and still have to think through the possibility, but you came up with that answer pretty quickly which suggests you might have been pondering this for a while and that, in and of itself, might be a sign.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home