Wednesday, September 01, 2021

Overselling

 Earlier this evening I got a call from a recruiter trying to setup an intro call between me and a company she didn't want to name that's doing some municipal fiber broadband and I've been trying to figure out for a few hours now what bothered me about the call. It's not that she didn't want to tell me who I'd be talking to. Intro call, fair enough. I get that. 

I think really it's that she was talking about this company with the same bullshit zeal that tech IPO's use. Like they're out to save the world, and better humanity and change life as we know it and blah blah, woof woof. I get that in a digital age broadband internet access is important, but I've been in this industry for 20 years. Let's not kid ourselves, fundamentally we're providing a delivery vector for ransomware and a way for pervy old dudes to jerk it to pictures of feet.  Don't oversell me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home