Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Jokes

WaPo is quoting the Majority Leader as saying “There’s two people I think Putin pays: [California Republican Dana] Rohrabacher and Trump,” and McCarthy has since said that it was a joke. Not that I've really done it professionally, but I don't get the joke. Honest question: what's the joke? I mean that literally, if that was the punchline, what was the joke? Or if that was the joke, what's the punchline? I really don't get it. Jokes are supposed to be funny. What's the funny? I'm not expecting like a ba-dum-bum-cha ! at the end but if this was a joke, someone needs to explain it to me. "why did the chicken cross the road? to get to the other side." I get that. It's a joke. Not a great one, but it's a joke. A YouTube channel with only Lou Reed videos called LouTube, that's a joke. Alec Baldwin at the small desk in the fake Oval Office, that's a joke. This isn't a joke. At best, it's a rare moment of honest from someone who has since misplaced his fucking backbone. I've been trying for an hour now to imagine how the joke would go and quite frankly there's no "so what's the deal with Russia paying our politicians..." that ends with "ha ha ha" from anybody except for Putin. So someone help me out here, explain the joke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home