Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Responsible TV

When kids do stupid shit, stop blaming the TV and start blaming the stupid kids. TV might give them an idea or two, but it doesn't incite action. Shit if media really had that much influence, there's a whole genre of murder-mystery that would lead to rash outbreak of hard to solve homicides. Nobody watches Murder She Wrote then goes out to commit the perfect kill just to stump Angela Landsbury. If TV was really the problem, it would have a lot more influence. Comedy Central alone would be responsible for at least a couple dozen annual deaths via drive-by pie throwing. And advertising would be a whole shitload more effective. "What?!? the voice of the Star Trek captain is telling me in rhyme that i need Crestor?! Well, I feel healthy but if Capt. Picard's rhyming about it, I'd better go fucking get some. While I'm at it, I can pick up something for my yeast infection."

And that's another thing, I'm all for equality but I don't need to hear shit about yeast infections and vaginal discharge while watching the fucking news. I'm fair, I don't want to hear shit about jock itch either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home